Arkansas River Valley Flooding meeting set for June 8 at Conway Co. Fairgrounds
From U of A System Division of Agriculture
CONWAY, Ark. – Extension personnel with the University of Arkansas System Division of
Agriculture are hosting a meeting June 8 in Morrilton to help farmers manage their crops once
the floodwaters recede.
The Arkansas River Valley Flooding meeting is set for 9:30 a.m. in the Multi-Purpose Building at
the Conway County Fairgrounds.
“Our growers have a ton of questions about the future of their crops. Can the plants be saved?
Can they replant? What about weeds and insects?” said Hank Chaney, Faulkner County
extension staff chair for the Division of Agriculture. “For this meeting, we’re pulling together our
agronomists and other experts to help producers navigate this very uncertain time.”
- 9:30 a.m. – Welcome
- 9:30-9:50 a.m. – Planting soybean – time permitting. Jeremy Ross, extension soybean agronomist for the Division of Agriculture.
- 9:50-10:10 a.m. – Soybean insects in non-irrigated and late-planted soybeans. GusLorenz extension entomologist.
- 10:10-10:30 a.m. – How am I going to control all of these weeds? Tom Barber, extension weed scientist.
- 10:45-11:05 a.m. – Wheat straw management, and fertilizer/herbicide application in corn and grain sorghum. Jason Kelley, extension wheat and feed grains agronomist.
- 11:05-11:25 a.m. – How am I going to farm this stretch of rice? Jarrod Hardke, extension rice agronomist.
- 11:25-11:50 a.m. – Farm Service Agency update. Robert Evans, FSA, Morrilton.
For more information about the meeting, contact your county extension office.http://www.ozarksfn.com/2015/06/02/arkansas-river-valley-flooding-meeting-set-for-june-8-at-conway-co-fairgrounds/Extended Story InformationArkansas,Conway,flooding,meeting,river,valleyFrom U of A System Division of AgricultureCONWAY, Ark. – Extension personnel with the University of Arkansas System Division of Agriculture are hosting a meeting June 8 in Morrilton to help farmers manage their crops once the floodwaters recede. The Arkansas River Valley Flooding meeting is set for 9:30...Julie Turner-CrawfordJulie Turner-Crawfordjulie@ozarksfn.comAdministratorOzarks Farm & Neighbor Newspaper